WATER TREATMENT PRODUCTS
Business Connect offers a wide assortment of essential and environmentally safe, life-enhancing water treatment products to benefit those who need clean water the most.
For every $1 invested in clean water, $4–$12 is yielded in economic returns. It’s a solid investment; access to clean water is perhaps the single most powerful tool for sparking economic growth that humanity has ever known. If you need more reasons, keep reading:
- Diseases from dirty water kill more people every year than all forms of violence, including war.
- 43% of those deaths are children under five years of age. Access to clean water and basic sanitation can save around 16,000 lives every week.
- Clean water helps keep kids in school, especially girls. And less time collecting water means more time in class.
- In Africa alone, women spend 40 billion hours a year walking for water.
- 663 million people in the world live without clean water, including 159 million dependent on surface water. By 2025, half of the world’s population will be living in water-stressed areas.
- Access to clean water gives communities more time to grow food, earn an income, and go to school — all of which fight poverty.
- Women are responsible for 72% of the water collected in Sub-Saharan Africa.6 When a community gets water, women and girls get their lives back. They start businesses, improve their homes, and take charge of their own futures.