Business Development Intern
As a Business Development Intern you will work closely with the North America Director to support the company’s efforts of providing hope and empowerment. You will research possible retailers for the company’s catalog that includes gathering contact information and business details. You will conduct research and analysis of the company’s catalog as well as competing products. You will also gather data on NGOs (non-governmental organizations) both domestic and international within clean water missions as well as domestic and international water and sanitation needs.
About Business Connect
Our purpose is to give hope to the impoverished by creating employment, in the marketing of life enhancing products, within a business model that is sustainable and environmentally balanced. Our team members come from various business backgrounds and we embrace business with enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit. Our lives reflect decades of service, both locally and internationally. We seek a greater network, more encompassing, more resources, increasing impact.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
- Research possible retailers for our catalog – gathering contact information and business details
- Research and gather data on NGOs (both international and domestic) with clean water missions
- Research in-country/country-specific water needs (Main water contaminants, major water projects, competitor research)
- Attend weekly one-on-one meetings and monthly team meetings
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school degree and active/prior enrollment in university or community college
- Must have a heart for international needs and social impact
- Must be self-reliant, self-driven, and able to work independently
- Business development: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
About the Internship Program
Business Connect’s Headquarter Team includes interns who work in tandem with our staff to maximize the availability of products, providing communities in the developing world with greater access to essential resources while building sound business opportunities that will create more jobs and economic stability.
Through this internship, you will gain real-world experience working with our partners around the world. These are fully remote positions that will allow you to develop your skills and learn from the global team. You will have the flexibility to set your own schedule as well as contribute to projects that you are most passionate about.
Please note: Internship requires 5-15 hours per week. College credit may be available for this role.
Application Deadline – August 1, 2023
Interviews Dates – July – August, 2023
Internship Start Date – August 28, 2023
Internship End Date – December 16, 2023
Job Type: Internship
Work Location: Remote